Don’t we all fall victim to the seasonal weather changes by catching fever or cough and cold? This is similar for your cars as well. During the weather change, not only should you keep yourself from all the health problems, but you also need to keep a close check on the maintenance of your cars. Autumn is that season of the year, when your car can give you a tough time provided you do not look into the matter at the earliest. The evenings tend to be a lot darker than usual; the air gets a lot more moist than usual, and the edges of the leaves curl up, all these are a sign that summer is making way for autumn. Prepare your car to face the weather change by executing the following maintenance tips.
- Wiper Blades needs to be Changed– During autumn, rainfall is a lot more than usual. Hence, the functionality of the windscreen wipers is also a lot more. Hence, it is important to check the functionality of the wiper blades and get the replacement well in time. Changing the wiper blades frequently implies that it will always solve the problem of removing water from the windscreen effectively whenever it rains while you are driving.
- Pay Attention to Security – The darker nights attract burglars, so make sure that your car is safe. A garage is the ideal place to keep the car, but make sure that you have modern security doors from somewhere like this Garage Doors Gloucester based company https://www.upandoverdoorsltd.co.uk/garage-doors/garage-doors-gloucester/
- Keep a Tab on the Antifreeze Levels– Surely the need of the antifreeze was not mandatory during the summer months. But now with autumn gearing up, the need for the antifreeze will crop up some time soon. Therefore, it is important that you check the functionality of the antifreeze. Cross check that the concentration of the antifreeze is proper on your car engines. Since that is crucial in maintaining the health and longevity of your car engine. With the cold weather quietly settling in, it is important that you keep a tab on the antifreeze level in the coolant recovery reservoir.
- Check the Emergency Gear– Undoubtedly, it is too early to check the shovels, gloves, tyre chains, de-icer and the boots. But since you are preparing your car for the cooler weather then why not check all the car parts now. Since these car parts are crucial for the proper functioning of the car during the winter months. So, check the emergency gear well in advance because you never know when an emergency might crop up.
- Replacement of the Air Filters– The common recommendation that comes from car experts is to change the car filters twice a year. The extremely dry and dusty weather condition tends to take a toll on the air filters of the car. The air filter gets clogged because of the dust and the dirt. Hence, the flow of the air gets blocked, the fuel economy gets affected and the performance of your car gets affected negatively as well. If you want your car to perform in the best possible way, then make sure you change the car filter before autumn sets in completely.
- Check the Car Lights– As we know one of the most common characteristics of autumn is the fact that the sun sets faster, and evening gets dark rapidly and almost instantly sometimes. Therefore, it is important that you check the functionality of your car lights and also make sure that the car lights can work for a longer time span.